How to login to the Router using the IP 192.168.0.101
Whenever you need to change some settings in your router, you need to login to your router using the router’s default IP address. Some of the changes like Wi-Fi password change, controlling the users connecting to your Wi-Fi, restricting the access of any device, and setting upload and download limit in the router are done after login to the router. So it is a must to learn about the ways you can log in to the router. Either it may be a home router or your office router, the procedure to login to the router is the same. Here are some steps to log in to the router easily.
- Install the browser of your choice on the device which is going to used to access the router. If you have already installed it then you can just ignore it. Just make sure it is an updated browser, not an outdated one.
- Open the browser and in the URL bar/search bar type in the IP address – 192.168.0.101 and hit enter. Make sure you are not entering the address in the Google search bar. If you enter the IP address there then it will just take you to the search results and not the router login page.
- Once you enter the IP address in the correct way the router’s settings page will open. If the settings didn’t appear then you need to check the default IP address of the router brand that you are using. It might be some other IP and not the IP 192.168.0.101
- Once the router settings are opened, you can change any settings you want and customize the router settings. Once you make any changes don’t forget to save the changes before you close the settings page.
And if you still can’t find out you can turn the back of your router and check the details on the backside of the router. The manufacturer will have pasted a slip with the default IP address and the credentials to log in as admin to the router. Different brands have a different IP address. Make sure to know your correct IP address before you try to log in.
How to configure the router settings after the login 192.168.0.101?
Once you login to the router using the IP address, everything inside the site will be technical and if you don’t know what you are doing then it is better to leave the matter to any technician. If you are to find the settings yourself then I will explain below.
- Once you login to the router the home page of the router settings will appear.
- Also, there will be a list of options where you can find the general settings option.
- There you can find all the setting options related to Wi-Fi and other stuff.
- Also, make sure to save the changes if you have done any changes to the router.
If you think you have misconfigured the settings then you can always change the settings to default options.
Change Username and Password of the router:
It is very much advised to change the username and password of the router in your first login if you have used your router’s default credentials to login for the first time. Since the default credentials are the same for all the routers in the same brand it might cause a security issue and you must change the default credentials.
- In order to change the username and password, you need to login to the device as admin first.
- Login to the router using IP 192.168.0.101 and open the settings page.
- On the settings page – Go to the menu. In the menu, you will see an option called user management.
- In the user management option, you can find account management. Here is where you need to change the username and password.
- You need to enter the password twice to make sure you are entering the password right.
- You can also change the username if you like. Make sure to remember the username and the password you have given. Else you will be asked to reset the router to remove the password.
- Once you enter the new credentials click save to save the setting changes.
After you save the changes you will be logged out and you need to enter the new credentials to login into the account.
How to change Wi-Fi username and password?
People try to open the router settings often just to change the Wi-Fi password. Wi-Fi passwords are the ones that we use frequently when we have Wi-Fi at home. Users try to change the passwords because of the following reasons:
- To change the default Wi-Fi username and password.
- When they forgot the Wi-Fi credentials.
- When they think their credentials are compromised.
Below is the way to change the username and password of the router with the 192.168.0.101 IP address.
- Open the router using the default IP address 192.168.0.101 using the browser.
- On the settings homepage, you can see the option called Network Settings.
- In the network settings, you can see the Wi-Fi password category. There you have the option to re-enter the password that you like.
- Once entered you have to save the settings.
- After you change the password all the devices that are connected to the Wi-Fi will get disconnected. You need to reconnect them with your new Wi-Fi password.
- If you can’t find the name Wi-Fi then it will be in the name SSID.
These are the ways to change Wi-Fi credentials. The steps might change a little with respect to the brands. But overall the method is usually the same.
How to change the router IP address?
The default IP address of the router now we have is 192.168.0.101 If you need to change this IP to something that you can easily remember, then follow the steps below.
- Open the router settings page. On that page, you will see an option called general settings.
- Click on the general settings and go on to Network settings.
- In the network settings, you can see an option to change the default IP address of the router.
- Change the IP address from 192.168.0.101 to your desired IP address. Make sure the IP address is in the range of the Private IP address and in the public IP address range.
After changing the IP address make sure to save the details. You need to restart the router once you change the IP address successfully.
192.168.0.101 – An Overview of the IP address:
Just like a physical address the IP address is a virtual address to every device that is connected to the internet or a network. Every device in a network should have a unique ID for itself. Only if it has a unique ID it can connect with the other devices in the network and can communicate with the devices in the network.
An IP address is like a unique name for the device. In order to be in a public network, a device must have a public IP address assigned to it. But if the device is connected to a private network then having a private IP address is enough. Here the IP address 192.168.0.101 is a private IP address. The private IP address always starts with the 192.168 range. You can assign them to your device as you like since it is used within a closed network.
How to find the IP address of your router?
You can find the IP address of your device using the manual given by the router manufacturer. If you don’t have a manual then you can turn your router and check the back for the IP address. If you can’t find the IP address there then you can check with the manufacturer website for the exact default IP address. Here I have explained the two ways you can use to find the IP address of the router.
For Windows OS users:
- If you are using the Windows OS, then you can open the Network Preferences from the control panel.
- In the Network preferences option, you can see the Wi-Fi settings. In the Wi-Fi settings option select the network that you are connected to.
- Click on the view details near the network. It will provide you with a lot of details. In that, you can see the details of the router along with the other details. There you can see 192.168.0.101 as the IP address of the router.
For Mac OS users:
- Open the Finder from the home screen and move on to System preferences.
- In the system preferences, you can see the Network icon. Click on it.
- There you can see the Network IP address details.
You can use the above methods to check whether the IP address 192.168.0.101 is really the IP address of the router you are working with. If not then you are assuming your IP address wrong. You should now change the IP address and try in the browser. It will work now.
What is the purpose of IP address 192.168.0.101?
The main purpose of the router is to router the data between two hosts in the network or between the two networks. In order to that, every router must have a unique ID with them. That ID is called the IP address. It can be a private IP address. No two hosts can have the same IP address inside the network. So it uniquely identifies the particular host. The IP addresses for the routers are assigned by its manufacturing company. You can also change the IP address of the router if you already have a device in the network with the same private IP address. The same IP address in the same network will lead to conflict.
Every data that is sent to the router will have the ahead part where the details of the destination will be there. The destination will be in the form of an IP address. The router will read those data and route it to the place where it belongs. This is the purpose of the router. Not only routers the devices such as printers, but xerox machines will also have the IP address. They will be the private IP address.
IP address types:
There are two major classifications of IP addresses. Every IP address may be either IPv4 or IPv6. The IP addresses usually have the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 and it has a finite number of IPs in the range. Since the emergence of the internet and the increase in the number of devices the IPv4 numbers started to see a steady improvement in the usage of the IPv4 numbers.
It could go extinct in few years if the rate of usage if the rate of increase multiplied in this rate. That’s why the IPv6 protocol has been introduced. This will provide you with a lot more IP addresses that could handle the multiplication of internet devices for at least a few years.
Based on the usage of the IP address they still can be divided majorly into two categories.
- Private IP addresses
- Public IP addresses
Let’s see them in brief here.
1. Private IP address:
Private IP addresses are the IP addresses just like 192.168.0.101 that are used inside a closed network. They can be accessed only inside the network and not from the outside. These IP addresses are configurable and can be used anywhere inside a private network. Also, no two devices can have the same IP address inside the same network. The same private IP address can be shared by two devices that are in two different networks.
2. Public IP address:
The public IP addresses are very unique and are given to the devices that are connected to the outside network. The availability of these IP addresses is reducing fast and has to be used with care. No two devices in the world can have the same IP address. They can be used in only one device at a time.
Hope you have learned a lot about the IP address 192.168.0.101 and the methods to login to the router.